Previous 上一页 Home 主页 Next 下一页

Forbidden City
Palace of Heavenly Purity 乾清宫

The Palace of Heavenly Purity 乾清宫 (Qiánqīng Gōng) was the main residence for the emperor during the Ming Dynasty. While the Shunzhi Emperor 順治 (Shùnzhì, 1638–1661) and his son, the Kangxi Emperor 康熙 (Kāngxī, 1654–1722), lived here, his grandson, the Yongzheng Emperor 雍正 (Yōngzhèng, 1678–1735), moved his living quarters to the Hall of Mental Cultivation. The Hall of Mental Cultivation is a much smaller and more modest structure in the western portion of the Forbidden City. It is just on the other side of the Inner Court wall. After that move, the Palace of Heavenly Purity was used as an audience chamber for receiving ambassadors.

China Index >> History of Beijing in Pictures >> Forbidden City >> Palace of Heavenly Purity

Click on a picture or use the arrows at the top to navigate through the site.
Last update: January 2010
© Marilyn Shea, 2009