Previous 上一页 Home 主页 Next 下一页

Forbidden City
故宫博物院
Hall of Harmony

The Belvedere, or Bower of Well-nourished Harmony 颐和轩 (Yíhé Xuān) is also translated as the Hall of Harmony. It was built in 1776 for Emperor Qianlong's retirement. It was rebuilt in 1802 and again 1891. It is connected with other halls by a covered walkway. The words "Yi He" mean preserving one's energy. Inside the hall there is a display detailing the invasion of Mongolia during the Qing Dynasty.











China Index >> History of Beijing in Pictures >> Forbidden City >> Hall of Harmony

Click on a picture or use the arrows at the top to navigate through the site.

http://hua.umf.maine.edu/China/HistoricBeijing/Forbidden_City/index.html
Last update: January 2010
© Marilyn Shea, 2009