Previous Home Next
Linguan Hall 灵官殿 Baiyun Guan 白云观

Baiyun Guan 白云观
White Cloud Temple
Linguan Hall

The Linguan Hall 灵官殿 (Língguān Diàn) was built in 1443 under the Yingzong Emperor of the Ming Dynasty. It was rebuilt in 1662 under the Kangxi Emperor of the Qing dynasty.

The temple was built to give honor and offer sacrifices to Wang Lingguan 王灵官 (Wáng Língguān), the God protecting Daoism.

China Index >> Beijing History in Pictures >> Index White Cloud Temple Baiyun Guan

Click on a picture or use the arrows at the top to navigate through the site.
Last update: October 2009
© Marilyn Shea, 2009