|Yang Shan Hall looks out upon the rockery and small pond. The name means "admire the mountain." It would have been shady and cool even on a hot summer day. It was built in 1866 in the Qing Dynasty during the reign of Tongzhi (同治). The table would have been used to display one or two works of art as well as to serve tea.|
China Index >> History of Shanghai and Suzhou Region >> Yu Yuan
Click on a picture or use the arrows at the top to navigate through the site.
Last update: February 2007
© Marilyn Shea 1996, 1999, 2002, 2007