Teach English in Beijing, China
Are you interested in exploring your world, learning about new cultures, stepping out of the usual? If so, teaching in Beijing is one of the most exciting and satisfying opportunities available to you. Beijing is in the middle of one of the greatest historical transformations of the modern age. Many people think that it has matured, but that is not so. You will see and experience economic, historical, social, and political changes that will shape history.
By teaching in local schools you will have your finger on the pulse of the society and get to know a broad range of people from all walks of life. As a teacher you will have motivated students and committed parents. As an individual you will have one of the most exciting cities in the world today open for your exploration.
There are 15 (fifteen) teaching positions open for the 2015-2017 teaching cyle. These are guaranteed two-year positions. The positions are overseen by Beijing University of Technology International College. You will have knowledgable professionals to help you settle in and begin your teaching career in Beijing.
All positions have a two-year contract and a teaching load of 20 periods per week (1 class period = 40/45 minutes).
The salary will range between 8,000 and 10,000 RMB per month depending upon experience. It will be paid for each of the 12 months, including vacation month in the summer. Further details are listed below.
Beijing University of Technology is located in the southeast of Beijing in Chaoyang District. The Temple of Heaven is a short bus ride away, and the university has easy access to expressways and the subway system. The staff at the International College has been helping exchange teachers settle into Beijing for almost 30 years. They know almost all of the challenges that can face you when learning about a new place! You won't need to speak Chinese.
Because there will be at least 15 teachers in the program, you will have the opportunity to share ideas and resources for your classes.
I have taught three different times in Beijing through the long-standing exchange program between Beijing University of Technology and the University of Maine at Farmington. It is a very special experience, one filled with intense work and extraordinary satisfaction. The friendships you make will last a lifetime and the impact you have, even longer.
1. Age between 18 and 60;
2. English native speaker, and certified teachers preferred (TEFLˇ˘TESOLˇ˘TESLˇ˘CELTAˇ˘TKT and CELTY);
3. Teaching experience of at least two years, current English teacher preferred;
4. Enthusiastic and responsible, with professional teaching skills preferredŁ»
1. Income before tax is RMB 8,000-10,000/month; Salary will be paid monthly for 12 months over two years;
2. Free accommodation provided by BJUT;
3. Insurances provided by BJUT;
4. Reimbursement for one round-trip International ticket.;
5. Other fees (including visa, physical examination, etc) provided by BJUT.
1. Cover letter;
2. Resume or CV;
3. In good health, no criminal record;
4. Copy of passport.
5. Please provide an e-mail address you check regularly. If you have a SKYPE or QQ account, please indicate your user name.
Send all materials to:
Write "Teaching Application for ____________" in the subject line, indicating your preference for elementary or high school teaching.
The address of Beijing Univesity of Technology is:
100 Pingleyuan, Chaoyang District
Beijing University of Technology
Beijing, CHINA 100022
Find it on Google Maps
Find it on Wiki Maps
Last update: September 2014
(c) Marilyn Shea 2014